List:       linux-smp
From:       Anping Liu <liua () bessie ! che ! uc ! edu>
Date:       1998-07-29 16:27:44

Hi, there,
I need some helps to figure out why I cann't connect to the Internet.

I have a PC-100 BX chipset Dual Pentium II motherboard with AGP support,
Adaptec 3940AUW Dual Channel Ultra Wide scsi controller, and 3 x 3C-905
Bor XL-TX PCI fast ethernet network card.

I have installed the RedHat 5.1. The kernel configuration seems correct.
It knows there are two processors and three ethernet cards. I can ping
my-ip-number, but not ping the gateway-ip-number. If telnet to remote
site, it says " no route to host". I have tried to plug the cable into
each NIC and reboot. but it still doesn't work.

Anping Liu
liua@bessie.che.uc.edu