List:       linux-smp
Subject:    Re: F90 compiler
From:       Frank Mahler <nhchance () rrzn-user ! uni-hannover ! de>
Date:       1998-05-25 8:43:16

S. Daniel wrote:

> You may want to check out:
>
> http://www.psrv.com/linux.html
I just tested it on my system (yet not SMP but (hopefully) soon!):

-> You WILL need g77 on your system. As far as I can see, vast-f90 first
translates
   the given source to Fortran 77 and then executes g77

-> You can (at least) not use allocatable character arrays, i. e. the
following

     CHARACTER, DIMENSION(:), ALLOCATABLE :: test

   won't compile

-> The executable is notably slower than the code produced with
NAGware's f90
   (which is NOT free)...

hope this helps, maybe you should consider it when choosing the right
compiler...

Have you tried the language F
(http://www.imagine1.com/imagine1/compilers.html)?

cu,
           FRANK
--
     "Look, look, see Windows 95.  Buy, lemmings, buy!"    -- (David
Ford)