List:       linux-smp
Subject:    Re: the dist10 MP3 package
From:       Mark Heath <mheath () netspace ! net ! au>
Date:       1998-04-17 0:05:45

On Thu, 16 Apr 1998 hixson@frozenwave.com wrote:

> I'm tried encoding a .wav file (created with cdda2wav), using the
> 'encode' program in dist10/lsf/encoder, but have been unable to produce
> anything but static.
>   The .wav file plays just fine with xanim, so I'm pretty sure
> something is getting messed up in the wav -> mp3 conversion.  I wonder
> if its an endian-ness problem...?

dist10 doesn't do wave files.

>   Has anyone else had success using this encoder?

yep. just convert them to aiff (i think) with sox first.

Or just tell musicin all the options like sample rate, bits, channels It
will do raw PCM aswell

Mark.

-- mark heath - Unix System Programmer/Engineer - Netspace Online Systems.
-- http://www.netspace.net.au/     /V\ /\ |Z |<       [Personal /~mheath]
-- Linux:      The only software that fixes all the problems with Windows
:wq