List:       linux-smp
Subject:    Sound crashes SMP 2.0.33
From:       "Robert M. Stockmann" <stock () dirac ! infomagic ! nl>
Date:       1998-03-29 11:54:58

Hi,

I'm running a dual PPro 200 machine with a Tyan Titan Pro
board. I use kernel 2.0.33 now for some time without any troubles.

The machine contains :

S1668 Titan Pro ATX
2x PPro 200 MHz 256 kb cache
64 Mb ram       (upgradeable to 1 Gb RAM)
2x ASUS Symbios SC875 UW controllers
        1x Seagate Barracuda 4.3 Gb UW SCSI disk
        1x Quantum 20/40 DLT
1x ACER CD-747E, ATAPI CDROM drive
1x AWE64 pnp Sound card
1x Teles BRI 16.3 ISDN card
1x 3com509 Etherlink III combo card
   (If I go to 100Mbit it will be the Intel i82557 EtherExpress Pro/100B)
1x S3 Inc. ViRGE/DX or /GX (rev 1) 4Mb

When I play mp3 audio files with a program called "mxaudio", which
I downloaded as a binary from ftp.mpeg.org my machine locks.
This is reproducable: every time when I switch with mxaudio from
stereo to mono, my machine receives an IRQ DEADLOCK.

Something wrong with the SMP capabilities of the kernel sound driver??

TIA

Robert

|| R.M. Stockmann            ||   InfoMagic Nederland VOF              ||
|| stock@infomagic.nl        ||   Unix administration & support        ||
|| http://www.infomagic.nl   ||   The Netherlands  		       ||