List:       linux-smp
Subject:    2.0.3x and floppy hangs
From:       Arrigo Triulzi <arrigo () nh ! netherhall ! org ! uk>
Date:       1998-01-26 12:03:23

Dear all,

I am getting a very weird hang with kernels 2.0.3x, x=0,1,2,3 when
using the floppy disk. I have the floppy compiled as a module and when
accessing it using mtools I occasionally get a hang - the machine
freezes completely, no diagnostic, no nothing in the logs.

So far nothing special except that: I cannot reproduce it, it just
happens. If I try causing it then nothing happens, or rather,
sometimes it happens after I've been using the disk already during the
day, at other times the first time I access the floppy it hangs.

I never had these problems with 2.0.29 so I was wondering if there was
something new in the 3x's which could have caused this.

Thanks,

Arrigo