List:       linux-smp
Subject:    Re: Gigabyte GA-686DX board
From:       Alex Martin <A.J.Martin () qmw ! ac ! uk>
Date:       1997-11-21 15:16:22

On Fri, 21 Nov 1997, Matthias Ohlenroth; Mitarbeiter PARLAB wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>
> please give me as much information as possible. What is the last
> information you can read? Normally you should find a line
>
> MTRR configuration changed on cpu %i
>
> when the second processor startup message appears on the screen.
>
> Alternatively I can send you a debug version of the patch.
>
> Matthias

Hi Matthias,
            I'm not really able to see exactly how far in the boot
sequence it is getting. I get several screen fulls of messages
saying (at the end?)

         general protection: 0000
         CPU: 1
         EIP: 0010:[<0010b306>]

followed by a register dump then

         EFLAGS: 0001002

and sometimes on the last line

	 IRQ DEADLOCK DETECTED by CPU 0

I would be grateful if you could provide me with the debug version
if that will help understand the problem.

Do you think it would be worthwhile trying an earlier version of the
bias, as The Joker suggested earlier?

cheers,
Alex