List:       linux-smp
Subject:    Re: SMP - cpu time
From:       Andrew Pollard <andrew () odie ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       1997-11-16 15:33:02

>Linux 2.0.x for Symmetric Multiprocessing does not correctly report
>cpu time (user time).  Both the shell `time' command and the C `times'
>command attribute far too much time as system time, and far too little
>as user time.
>
>There are two main solutions:
>1. Get a patch for Linux 2.0.x. Linux Mama has one called
>smp-sensible-time, written by Andrew Pollard <andrew@odie.demon.co.uk>.
>Get it at http://www.huwig.de/linux/mama/20-enhancement.html.

Just for the record, I didn't write it... I just found it in an old
archive and reposted it, hoping it might get into the sources...

i.e. Don't blame me :-) It does seem to work though....

Andrew.
--
   Andrew Pollard, Auto Simulations Ltd. UK.    | home: andrew@odie.demon.co.uk
   2 Milbanke Court, Milbanke Way, Bracknell    | work: andrewp@autosim.com