List:       linux-smp
Subject:    Re: XNTPD problem with SMP ?
From:       "Detlef Scholz" <detlef_scholz () eagle1 ! turner ! com>
Date:       1997-10-30 17:17:38

did you try to finetune your system with tickadjust
i expirienced this behavior on machines with verry "acurat" HW
clockchips, on the otherhand i am running a older version of xntp
customized for my dcf77 server.

A good value to start with is tickadj 9999. delete the drift file and
let it run for at least a day. than see if the variation is better or
worse. repeat step ....

you can calculate the value also, based on the value in the drift file.
this is mentioned somewhere in the ntp docs, but dont ask me where.

:-) Detlef