List:       linux-smp
Subject:    Will this work, conclusion
From:       Ronald Gelten <tgakrg () sg10 ! chem ! tue ! nl>
Date:       1997-09-29 16:43:34

Hi all,

Thanks for all the reactions to my "will this work" mail. The general
conclusion is, I think, that it will indeed work, although the kernel is
still under development in order to make things smoother and to
implement (important?) details, such as multithreading.

I think we will wait for further developments in Linux SMP before
installing it on our systems, for which stability has highest priority.
A commercial OS will be installed on the multiple CPU machines
while keeping a close eye on the developments in Linux.

Thanks again for the help,
Ronald Gelten

Eindhoven University of Technology | tel: +31 40 2473575
e-mail: tgakrg@chem.tue.nl         | fax: +31 40 2455054
http://www.tak.chem.tue.nl/personal/rgelten/
"Trust me, I'm a doctor!" - S.P. Bates, Ph.D.