List:       linux-smp
From:       John Tran <jtran1 () mipos2 ! intel ! com>
Date:       1997-09-21 17:53:56

MI> I'm starting to look at dual Pentium motherboards to run Linux on
MI> and I've been eyeing the Asus boards and the Tyan Tomcat IV
MI> boards.  I was wondering if anyone could point me to a FAQ or a
MI> resource to help me look for a suitable mobo, or perhaps make
MI> recomendations.

I cannot say enough good things about the ASUS single pentium
processor board, however, I do not know much of dual pentium/pro/II
motherboards.  I am in the market of getting a dual processor board,
as well.  My guess is that if ASUS is as good with the single as they
are with the dual, then they really make a clear winner.

Please pass along recommendation if anyone else has a different
opinion.

Thanks,

John

--
John J. Tran                        tel: 408 765-7747
Intel Corporation,                  fax: 408 765-8328