List:       linux-smp
Subject:    Dual Pentium Chipsets...
From:       Peter McLachlan <pmclachl () overseer ! viknet ! lakefieldcs ! on ! ca>
Date:       1997-09-18 9:00:15

I've been looking around for a dual pentium motherboard, and the two that
I have price quotes on are the Tyan Tomcat III and an ASUS P65UP5.  Both
of them are running the 430HX chipset.  I realize this is a high
performance chipset, but it has several limitations.  The most immediate
being the 512KB cache limit, and the second being no DIMMs.
I've been looking around for alternate dual pentium chipsets, and haven't
had much luck. :/  One web site claims that the VIA VP2/97 can handle 2
CPU's but after searching through all the major motherboard manufacturer's
web pages I've discovered this chipset is very difficult to find at all,
and not one of them had it in a dual CPU configuration.
If you have any suggestions as to specific motherboards or even ideas of
where I could look further I'd appreciate it.
Peter

My beautiful! my beautiful!
   That standest meekly by
With thy proudly arched and glossy neck,
And dark and fiery eye;

"An Arab's Farewell to his Steed"-Caroline Norton