List:       linux-smp
Subject:    Re: APM and SMP
From:       Isaac Connor <iconnor () undergrad ! math ! uwaterloo ! ca>
Date:       1997-09-17 20:40:28

I am very happy.  Let me be more specific.  I am _very_ **happy**.

Um, the cooling system is actually a standard pair of relatively
half-decent cpu fans..and one main fan in the p-supply (which is 200watts
ancient, used technology in my ancient full-tower case).

Um, being able to clock from 133 to 200 is _amazing_.  So I am happy.  The
speed here is incredible.  However, I would suggest to you to think  about
the Tomcat IV, as it has the beefed up power converter for >p200 MMX.
Other than that, this board is great, and has an amazing memory bandwidth.
On another downside, Tyan produces standard boards, and so doesn't have
the > 66Mhz bus speeds that other boards have.  But it is a very good
quality board (and very cheap, I got mine for $309 after tax, canadian.).

Isaac Connor
iconnor@uwaterloo.cax