List:       linux-smp
Subject:    Re: time of day clock losing under SMP?
From:       alan () lxorguk ! ukuu ! org ! uk (Alan Cox)
Date:       1997-08-31 19:56:45

>   Can someone tell me the major differences/advantages/disadvantages
> between the smp 2.0.xx and 2.1.xx series kernals?

2.0 - memory deadlock, caps lock deadlock. 2.0.31pre7 fixes the memory deadlock
or seems to. Also poor interrupt handling performance degrading the entire
system scalability

2.1 - great interrupt handling, better scaling, soon SMP scalable file system
stuff (its already mostly there). Negatives - development code, far less
stable