List:       linux-smp
Subject:    Kartoffelp|: Re: Keyboard locking up machine
From:       Thomas Vogler <tvo () software-ag ! de>
Date:       1997-07-22 21:57:51

my 2 pfenning's:

i have this behaviour too. often and mostly reproducable with 'out of
the box 2.0.30 + latest aic7xxx driver'. my system is a dual ppro with
256 megs of ram, no ethernet, but a teles isdn adapter. hitting caps
lock at the right time causes everything to freeze and after a few
seconds everything continues. the caps lock led on the keyboard does
not change, so it seems it's update is lost.

the keyboard itself is a cherry keyboard with all the new windows
keys.

needless to say that under nt everything except the teles driver works...

thomas
| Thomas Vogler, @work: tvo@software-ag.de, http://pcool/~tvo/               |
| private: tvo@zaphod.swb.de, http://www.swb.de/personal/zaphod/             |
| Phone: [49]-(6151)-92-1732                        FAX: [49]-(6151)-92-???? |
| Fixing Unix is easier than living with NT.                                 |