List:       linux-smp
Subject:    Re: MPICH and Linux-SMP ...
From:       "Juan J. Quintela" <quintela () dc ! fi ! udc ! es>
Date:       1997-05-30 23:21:49

On Thu, 29 May 1997, Andres Jaramillo-Botero wrote:

> Has anyone had any experience with setting MPICH on a Linux-SMP machine using the
> ch_p4 option (sockets for IPCs).  I seem to have trouble with the rsh command and
> apparently one of the processors in my dual PPro 180 (Tytan Titan Pro) with Redhat 4.1
> is never accessed.  rsh by itself is not allowing simple commands like ls, eventhough
> I have an .rhosts (root and users) and /etc/hosts.equiv file.
> I would appreciate any ideas and help on the subject.

If you have redhat 4.1 you have PAM (and for default it is not very
friendly), I've obtained to use rsh with linux with the following
/etc/pam.d/rsh
(It can be in the file /etc/pam.conf, it depends of the version & patchs).

#%PAM-1.0
auth       sufficient	/lib/security/pam_rhosts_auth.so
auth       required	/lib/security/pam_nologin.so
account    required	/lib/security/pam_pwdb.so
session    required	/lib/security/pam_pwdb.so

Bye, Juan.

PS. If you have any question I cant try help (although I'm not a PAM
expert).