List:       linux-smp
Subject:    Re: Random CPU initialization on Athlon SMP
From:       Antonio Mitarotondo <amitarotondo () interfree ! it>
Date:       2003-09-26 17:38:19

On Thursday 18 September 2003 16:41, eastermaster wrote:
> Hello niteowl,
>
> > I have a very strange problem on my dual Athlon MP system since CPU
> > initialization seems to be performed in a random way. In about 50% of
> > bootstraps the kernel manages to correctly enable the second CPU, in the
> > other 50% not.
>
> I have the same problem with almost the same configuration ...
> I think it's not an hardware problem, if you find a solution let me know
> asap I'm looking for info and similar problem report but until now i found
> nothing useful.

I found that passing the "acpismp=force" option to the kernel the problem is
much less frequent. I don't know why, neither I know what this option
precisely does.

I think that the problem is in someway related to ACPI or to something that is
indirectly involved by ACPI.

--Tony
-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-smp" in