List:       linux-smp
Subject:    Re: System lockup after starting X.
From:       karl wettin <wettin () home ! se>
Date:       2003-09-21 17:45:49

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 17:32:32 +0200
karl wettin <wettin@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> I've got problems running with SMP. When starting X, the Gnome splash
> never shows. I get the mous pointer, the right video mode, et.c. so it
> probably have nothing to do with the graphics.
>
> After apx. 5 minutes the system locks and require a cold boot. I can
> run any application but X without problems. There is no diffrence
> between my non-SMP kernel and SMP kernel except of SMP beeing enabled.
>
> I've got an ABit BP6, running QQ-revision bios (also tried RU) and 2
> 400MHz Celeron processors.
>
> Any ideas what might cause this?

I tried to recompile everything. Nothing helped. Then I thew away my
Slackware 8.1 and installed Gentoo from stage 3. Now my computer runs
SMP and XFree without any problems.

karl

--
http://sf.net/projects/silvertejp/

[abstract Human]<|--+--[Woman]<>-- +mother +child {0..*} --[Human]
                    \--[Man]<>-- +father +child {0..*} --[Human]

"arghhh .. it's all in geek" - objectmonkey.com
-