List:       linux-smp
Subject:    Re: Problem with smp k-2.4.7-10
From:       Steve Keith <steve () extex ! com>
Date:       2002-06-28 2:32:28

Since I had to figure it out for myself, I thought I'd save anybody else who didn't \
know how the trouble...

For LILO (don't forget to run "lilo" after editing /etc/lilo.conf):

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.7-10enterprise
        append="noapic"
        label=linux
        read-only
        root=/dev/sda6
        initrd=/boot/initrdenterprise.img

Please note that this is straight out of my /etc/lilo.conf and other lines may not \
apply to your system or could even render it unusable.

For GRUB:

title Red Hat Linux (2.4.9-31)
        root (hd0,0)
        kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.9-31enterprise ro root=/dev/hda3 noapic
        initrd /initrd-2.4.9-31enterprise.img

Again, straight out of my /boot/grub/grub.conf, and for reference only.

Steve

At 07:23 PM 6/27/02 -0700, you wrote:
On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, Snehasis Sinha wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I am trying SMP with 2 x PIII-1000MHz on a ASUS CUV4X-D board and
> running RedHat Linux 7.2 with Kernel-2.4.7-10, kernel-smp-2.4.7-10
> and kernel-enterprise-2.4.7-10.

Welp.... another round of this......

Couple thingys you can check...... get the MB's bios updated, also turn
off the MPS 1.4 in the bios settings. Another thing you also might want to
do is use the kernel's option "noapic".

-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-smp" in