List:       linux-smp
Subject:    Re: information about TSL 1.5 and Netfinity 4000R
From:       Earle Nietzel <nietzel () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-03-19 22:04:21

This message merely hints that it is possible that the EBDA or XBDA
(Extended Bios Data Area) can be written to which just so happens to be
where the MP table is located during boot. Once your system is booted then
the EBDA is no longer available and the MP table has been read by the OS.

So I assume if you boot fine then all is good!!! Also I am told that if you
use a compressed kernel then this should never be a problem.

Please correct if I'm wrong anyone!

Earle