List:       linux-smp
Subject:    Re: smp on asus cu4x-dls
From:       Jonathan Claxton <jzc () primenet ! com>
Date:       2001-12-16 18:59:16

On Sun, 16 Dec 2001, Klaas Barends (opurk.nl) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I try to get smp to work on my Asus CU4X-DLS motherboard with 2 Intel
> 700Mhz processors. I tried to compile a couple of 2.4.16 kernels but during
> the boot process (before jumping into init 3) my machine hangs.
> Now I tried the default 2.4.5 kernel of Conectiva (the distribution I run) and
> I saw something about an IO-APIC error, which I should mail to this address,
> so I do :-)

There's an option on the bios setup called, as I can remember, MPS level
or something like that. Set that to 1.1. Also you might want to get the
bios updated too as that will fix some other problems too.

Just FYI, I have that exact same MB running twin 1Ghz PIII cpus with a
*GASP* 1`Gig memory and SCSI HDs. Running 2.4.14 kernel on that.