List:       linux-smp
Subject:    BUG ON KERNEL 2.4.3-12SMP ???
From:       Stephan Blinder <blinder () physics ! ubc ! ca>
Date:       2001-09-26 21:08:49

Hi,

I was running Linux Redhat 7.0 with kernel 2.2.17-14smp on a dual processors
PIII866MHz mounted on a ASUS CUV4X-D board.
It was running well.

I tried to upgrade to Redhat 7.1 but the smp kernel didn't boot (2.4.2-2smp
and 2.4.3-12smp), giving me this message :

CPU: L1 I cache: 16K, 21 D cache: 16K
CPU: L2 cache: 256K
Intel machine check reporting enabled on CPU#1
CPU: Intel Pentium III (coppermine) stepping 06
Total of 2 processors activated (3473.40 BogoMIPS)
ENABLING 10-APIC IRQS
... changing 10-APIC physical APIC ID to 2... ok
... TIMER: vector=49 pin1=2 pin2=0
testing the IO APIC
warning: unexpected IO-APIC, email
         to linux-smp@vger.kernel.org
      ...done
using local APIC timer interrupts
calibrating APIC timer...
...CPU clock speed is 870.5282MHz
...host bus clock speed is 133.9272MHz
cpu:0, clocks: 1339272, slice:446424
CPU0<T0: 1339264, T1: 892832, D:8,5:
  446424, C:1339272>

I used the compiled kernels (i686) provided in the Redhat package.
Is it a bugs in the kernel or a wrong setting somewhere on my computer ?
Which recent smp kernel can I use with the Redhat 7.1 package ?

Thank you

Stephan

-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-smp" in