List:       linux-slackware
Subject:    [linux-slackware] Problem booting from RAID1 device
From:       Adam Witney <awitney () sghms ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2003-12-11 22:36:03

Hi,

I am having trouble to get my system to boot from a software RAID1 device.

I installed slackware 9.1 to sda1, then setup a RAID1 (md0) with sda1+sdb1
(sda1 as a failed-disk), transferred the OS to md0 then added the sda1 drive
back in. However I am unable to boot from md0. If I set up lilo.conf like so

boot=/dev/md0
root=/dev/md0

Then it just prints lots of '99' to the screen. However when setup like

boot=/dev/sda
root=/dev/md0

All is fine. But of course if sda failed I would not be able to boot the
machine I presume?

Does anyone have any ideas of how to get it to boot direct from the RAID1?

Thanks for any help

adam

believed to be clean.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511