List:       linux-slackware
Subject:    [linux-slackware] Cannot determine ethernet address for Proxy ARP
From:       "Archon Dominion" <naoiniciado () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-09-11 13:58:23

Hi there,

My name is Diego and i'm from Brasil.
I'm using Slackware for the first time and it is as good as people
say. I1ve got a working winmodem (Conexant 56k Softmodem) but
something seems to still wrong. Time to time I get disconected from
my ISP. Kppp reports error 16 (The link was terminated by the modem
hanging up.) and the details tell me Cannot determine ethernet
address for Proxy ARP.

The conection is all set, and there seems not to have any other
information to get from the ISP. I even got my netcard to work byt it
still reports the same error. Configured to loopback with netconfig.

What do I do??? Is there any way to tell the Proxy to work correctly?
Shut it down? Anything???

Please help me here.

Sell a Home with Ease!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/SrPZMC/kTmEAA/MVfIAA/0XFolB/TM