List:       linux-slackware
Subject:    [linux-slackware] Re: Zipslack 8.0
From:       "waswny2000" <waswny2000 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-09-07 4:28:58

I have a question about zipslack since the help message board seems
to be gone from the Slackware site. I bought my discs from Linux
Central and it was 3 discs. The install went okay but all the
permissions were so messed up that it would not let me run Xwindow.
I tried 2 different ways and finally installed it ext2. It seemed
to work okay for a few weeks and then when I logged out of Xwindow,
the thing would crash and lock up. It did this weekly and running
the fsck got to be so bad I went back to 7.1 the official boxed set.

I am using it now. Is 8.1 okay with the zipslack or am I never to be
able to use it? That frustrates me!

BTW those tripod links seem to all be bogus.

Thanks.

Looking for a more powerful website? Try GeoCities for $8.95 per month.
Register your domain name (http://your-name.com). More storage! No ads!
http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info
http://us.click.yahoo.com/aHOo4D/KJoEAA/MVfIAA/0XFolB/TM