List:       linux-slackware
Subject:    Re: [linux-slackware] nfs win98->linux box
From:       "John O'Donnell" <johnnyo () mindspring ! com>
Date:       2001-12-29 7:01:52

cubensis451 wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I downloaded linux to a hard disk on a windows 98 box. I have an empty
> computer on the network. I want to use nfs to linux on it from the 98
> box. Is there a how to or something?
>
> Do I boot the windows 98 box off linux on floppies? help!
>
> Love
>   Danny

I dont think any version of windows talks NFS without 3rd party software.
(Windows talk Unix standards?!?  I dont think so!)

If you could burn the installation to a CD-R on that 98 box, that would help!

Johnny O

--
                Darth Vader sleeps with a Teddywookie.
=== Never ask a geek why, just nod your head and slowly back away.===

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!
Order Now! FREE VCR Commander!
Click Here - Only 1 Day Left!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/WoOlbB/7.PDAA/ySSFAA/0XFolB/TM