List:       linux-slackware
Subject:    Re: [linux-slackware] email
From:       "Scott M. Sorrentino" <yahoo () kill-hup ! com>
Date:       2001-12-19 12:54:05

I am assuming you have a domain assigned to the box - if so, you can try
something like the follwing in your /etc/mail/virtusertable:

# Aliases for domain.com
bob@domain.com	bob
jim@domain.com	jim
@domain.com	mailnull

In your aliases file (normally /etc/mail/aliases or /etc/aliases), create an
alias like:

mailnull: /dev/null

Then do a "newaliases" followed by a
"makemap <type> /etc/mail/virtusertable < /etc/mail/virtusertable"

(This assumes you have the virtusertable (virtual users) feature included in
your sendmail.cf - if not, you can see the sendmail howtos on building a cf
file from an m4 definition).

The above will take any email for "bob" or "jim" at "domain.com" and deliver it
to them locally (you could also supply an email address instead of local name,
in case you are forwarding mail to them), and all other mail will be sent to
/dev/null - essentially deleted.

If I've got what you're attempting to do wrong, please let me know =)

On Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 06:09:03AM -0000, macoy_mfams wrote:
> i have a mailserver slackware8, i want to block all incoming
> messages, but i want to allow only a specific e-mail users, can
> anyone know how to do that.
>

> thanks,
> macoy

Scott M. Sorrentino [yahoo@kill-hup.com]
http://www.sorrentino.net
If you are angry with someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes...
Then you'll be a mile away from them, and you'll have their shoes.

Need new boots for winter? Looking for a perfect gift for your shoe loving friends?
Zappos.com is the perfect fit for all your shoe needs!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ltdUpD/QrSDAA/ySSFAA/0XFolB/TM