List:       linux-slackware
Subject:    Re: [linux-slackware] What happend to the forum
From:       skylinux <skylinux () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2001-12-08 1:10:23

On Fri, 7 Dec 2001, Jarod wrote:

> Hello Slackers..
> It works but hidden?!don't ask me why ;)
> -General Forum :
> http://www.slackware.com/forum/list.php?f=2
> -Installation Forum:
> http://www.slackware.com/forum/list.php?f=3
> -Development Forum:
> http://www.slackware.com/forum/list.php?f=5
> Good luck

THX a lot, and here is why:
From Topic: http://www.slackware.com/forum/read.php?f=5&i=16711&t=16711

Post from: Patrick J. Volkerding
I'm sure tired of all the trolling.  Yes, that's why the link to the forums was
removed.  If these little pecker-heads succeed in making Slackware no fun for me
(which they HAVE for a few months), then not a lot of development gets done.
The "trolls" seem to be mostly the same people, coming from (for example, and
both of the above messages):
host-216-77-205-48.psl.bellsouth.net
host-216-77-205-180.psl.bellsouth.net
host-216-77-205-124.psl.bellsouth.net
host-216-77-205-26.psl.bellsouth.net
I'll take suggestions on how to handle them, or other solutions to the ongoing
problems. :)
It's looking like I'll have no choice for to close down the forum if this
continues.  I mean, I've enjoyed a lot of what's gone on here, and it's been
useful, but the neighborhood's been invaded, and the quality of discussions have
gone way downhill.  When my notes on trolls to ban starts getting bigger than
the development notes, there's a major problem.
Pat

 |- Skylinux -|
Friends don't let friends use AOL

  8:11pm  up 2 days, 12:13,  4 users,  load average: 2.08, 1.96, 1.67