List:       linux-server
Subject:    Re: bind 8.2.2p5
From:       "Miguel A.L. Paraz" <map () IPHIL ! NET>
Date:       1999-12-18 6:02:05

Hi,

The $TTL value is used for the default TTL in the records (A, MX, etc.)
if you don't specify one.  The one in the SOA is used for negative caching,
how many seconds a name server should remember that a record does not exist.

---m

--
Miguel "Migs" A.L. Paraz                    IPhil Communications Network, Inc.
http://www.iphil.net        Business Development/Network Architecture/Training