List:       linux-server
Subject:    Re: database library in C for linux
From:       Soren Aalto <soren () PAN ! UZULU ! AC ! ZA>
Date:       1999-04-22 17:31:08

> Johannes Angeldorff wrote:
> >
> > I am looking for a database library in C for linux. I have written one
> > myself, but I would like to test other packages for another application.
> >
> > Do you know where I can find a good database library? Thanx!
> >
> > Med vänlig hälsning
> > Franzén & Falk AB
> >
> > Johannes Angeldorff
> > Estrella webmaster
>
> I definitely would recommend against doing it yourself, given what there
> is out there under the GPL or similar.

I just wrote some stuff in an application using (G)DBM.  For
simple things, it is probably sufficient, and it has the advantage
that it is probably already on the box that your application
is to go on.

My worry is that I have something that could be useful to others,
but I don't want the requirement of "now go out and install MySQL
or whatever your favourite DB engine is" to stop people from
having a look.

--
Soren Aalto <soren@pan.uzulu.ac.za>
Internet guy, University of Zululand