List:       linux-server
Subject:    Re: Removing an ipfwadm deny rule?
From:       Brian Candler <B.Candler () POBOX ! COM>
Date:       1999-01-29 9:04:55

> I've already read the Howto, which didn't help much, since I'm trying to
> selectively remove a single rule, not clear them all.

If you used ipfwadm -a ...some stuff... to add a rule, then use
            ipfwadm -d ...some stuff... to delete it.

Personally I prefer to create a file /etc/rc.d/rc.firewall which does:

#!/bin/bash
ipfwadm -I -p reject
ipfwadm -I -f
ipfwadm -I -a accept ... whatever
... etc

Then when I change the rules I just re-run this script; it is also invoked
at bootup from rc.local

Brian.