List:       linux-server
Subject:    How would I set up FrontPage Extensions for this..
From:       Edmund <edmund () WILDWORLD ! NET>
Date:       1999-01-20 20:12:55

I'm running RedHat 5.2.  By default my system is set up with user
accounts under the home dir like below.

root
/__
|    |
|    /home__
|                 |
|                 /user 1
|                 |
|                 /user 2
|                 |
|                 /user n
|__
|   |
|   /etc
|        |
|         /httpd
|                 |
|                 /conf
|__

    /usr

         /local

         /sbin

My httpd.conf, srm.conf, access.conf files are in /etc/httpd/conf and my
httpd is run from /usr/sbin.

Is it alright to run the my fp patched httpd from /usr/sbin still ?
Also, some of my user accounts may also be virtual hosts.  Right now,
none of my users or virtual accounts need FP extensions.  I have people
who are requesting them though.

The virtual host accounts are accessed with www.virtualdomain.com. (or
whatever) and the users accounts are accessed as
www.mydomain.net/~user1. Would I set up the virtual hosts accounts and
the users accounts as virtual webs or as per user webs.  Do I set up
virtual hosts as virtual webs and the user accounts as per user webs?

Even though www.mydomain.net isn't running FP extensions does this need
to be set up as the root web ?  Do I only need to set up users and
virtual hosts that are actually using FP as FP webs or do I have to set
up all usres and all virtual hosts as FP webs ?

Thanks in advance for any answers!

C'ya,
Edmund
edmund@wildworld.net