List:       linux-serial
Subject:    [need suggestion] Re: sharing UART
From:       Pavan Savoy <pavan_savoy () yahoo ! co ! in>
Date:       2009-10-07 8:40:52

So, If I would want to implement a driver, which exposes some fake character devices \
such as /dev/fake[0,1,2] and every write on such a character device, I would want to \
send it out to UART, and when the data comes back [receive_buf?], I intrepret the \
header and copy it onto the relevant buffer of character device fake[0,1,2].

If such a driver has to be implemented,
PLEASE SUGGEST AS TO WHAT SORT OF A DRIVER SHOULD IT BE ?
Currently I have thought of it as a line discipline driver, can it be any other sort \
of a driver ? [PTY sort of driver, or something which isn't even dependent on TTY \
layer?]

Because I see that the serial-core and the TTY aren't seperate, every UART driver \
[say 8250, mcf_serial] also gets registered as a tty driver because it did an \
uart_register....

Any help is appreciaated...
regards,
Pavan