List:       linux-security-module
Subject:    Re: TODO list
From:       Greg KH <greg () kroah ! com>
Date:       2001-07-18 16:04:16

On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 12:46:27AM -0700, Crispin Cowan wrote:

> More importantly, can you tell us about why they've met resistance to adding
> a blob to the skbuff structure?

Here's what I know:

I was told by one of the kernel netfilter people that we might want to
look at: http://www.conscoop.ottawa.on.ca/rgb/freeswan/
in the klips2 section.

It seems that lots of people need/want blobs on skbs, much like we are
about to add.  It has been rejected many times by the main network guy,
Alexey.  But if enough people ask for it... :)

Take a look at why he rejected it last time it was submitted:
        http://216.32.174.27/projects/netdev/mail/netdev/msg02454.html

Also take a look at:
        http://lists.samba.org/pipermail/netfilter-devel/2001-May/001157.html

down around 14:06.  Gives specific examples of things we should probably
do.

greg k-h