List:       linux-security-audit
Subject:    RE: REMOTE ROOT LOGIN------*****------OFF TOPIC------*****-----
From:       Jon Lewis <jlewis () inorganic5 ! fdt ! net>
Date:       1998-12-06 7:06:15

On Sat, 5 Dec 1998, Jim Conner wrote:

> For SSH2 you can specify in the config file to allow root logins or not. I
> can't remember if there is the option to do the same for ssh. Its not
> specified
> in the /etc/ssh_config file, but it may still be an option.

It is an option in sshd1, and is listed in the sshd_config.  The default
sshd_config has it set to "yes".  I generally set it to no.

----don't waste your cpu, crack rc5...www.distributed.net team enzo---
 Jon Lewis <jlewis@fdt.net>  |  Spammers will be winnuked or
 Network Administrator       |  nestea'd...whatever it takes
 Florida Digital Turnpike    |  to get the job done.
______http://inorganic5.fdt.net/~jlewis/pgp for PGP public key________