List:       linux-scsi
Subject:    Re: Problem with SCSI-Tapes under 2.4.4
From:       "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs () scsiguy ! com>
Date:       2001-05-16 20:31:59

>Just joined the list so I apologize if this has already been addressed.
>
>Ever since I upgraded my kernel to 2.4.4 from 2.4.2, it will no longer
>recognize my Onstream ADR50 tape drive.

Your bus settle delay is too short.  Reconfig your kernel with
a longer delay.

You should also upgrade to the latest driver from here:

http://people.FreeBSD.org/~gibbs/linux/

In later driver versions, the bus settle delay variable was renamed
to ensure the bus settle delay (now in milliseconds) would return
to its default value during an upgrade.

--
Justin
-