List:       linux-scsi
Subject:    Re: SYMBIOS LOGIC - SYM20403
From:       Gerard Roudier <groudier () club-internet ! fr>
Date:       1998-12-31 23:25:06

On Thu, 31 Dec 1998, aRtsCi - Nikos Diamandis wrote:

> Does anyone know anything 'bout support for:
> 	SYMBIOS LOGIC SYM20403
> Is it possible that it may need ncr53c8xx.c in which the word symbios is
> included?

It is not.
The SYM20403 is an ISA PnP board based on the SYM53C416 SCSI chip.
Support for this chip isn't claimed by any Linux SCSI driver.
The closest driver might be the 53C406A one, but I have not idea
about the differences between the 53C416 and the 53C406A.
The ncr53c8xx driver only supports the SYM53C8XX PCI-SCSI controller
family.

Happy New Year!

Gerard.

-