List:       linux-scsi
Subject:    Re: BT930 + old scsi disk
From:       Doug Ledford <dledford () redhat ! com>
Date:       2002-04-26 18:11:05

On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 12:56:55PM +0000, Roeland Th. Jansen wrote:
> I heard the following sound (yep, technical ahum) :
>
> click
> downspin....
> click
> upspin......

This is almost always a power related problem or drive failure problem,
not a kernel problem.  The fact that your machine hard locked at the same
time would make me thing it's your power supply about to go out or that
you weren't on a battery backup and you got a bad enough brown out to
cause the machine to loose enough power to lock up and the drive to spin
down.

--
  Doug Ledford <dledford@redhat.com>     919-754-3700 x44233
         Red Hat, Inc.