List:       linux-scsi
Subject:    Re: Compile errors
From:       Jes Sorensen <jes () trained-monkey ! org>
Date:       2001-09-30 20:15:17

>>>>> "Keith" == Keith Mastin <kmastin@beechtree-its.com> writes:

Keith> On 30 Sep 2001, Jes Sorensen wrote:
>>  Well it complained about yacc, not bison:
>>
>> [jes@trained-monkey jes]$ rpm -qf /usr/bin/yacc byacc-1.9-12
>>
>> Jes

Keith> My understanding is that bison is the tool that does the job of
Keith> yacc, as bison is the de-facto parser generator used in
Keith> RedHat. Correct me if I'm wrong.  In any event, yacc is not
Keith> installed on this RedHat7.1 system, and does not appear to be
Keith> available on the RedHat install cd's.  Thanks for the input
Keith> though....

Please re-read the output from my rpm command above, it says 'byacc'
and yes that package *is* available for Red Hat 7.1.

Bison provides bison, you can run bison in yacc mode with bison -y,
but the kernel for some reasons wants yacc. Don't ask me why.

Jes
-