List:       linux-rt-users
Subject:    RT Patch and Xen
From:       Iain Hunter <drhunter95 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2018-04-30 11:05:52

Hi,

I am using 4.9-rt1 on an Ultrascale+ device which is running Xen.

By default whenever I enable RT Linux then Xen is disabled according
to the patch "arm64/xen: Make XEN depend on !RT" in

https://marc.info/?l=linux-rt-users&m=144509814328860&w=2

Can someone explain the background to this patch (which appears to
still be in latest 4.14 development release)?

Is it simply because Xen drivers in the kernel fail to build due to an
include file problem (which I have worked around)
Is there a fundamental stability problem on 64 bit ARM when RT Linux
is running in a DomU? Initial runs of cyclictest don't show any.

Thanks,

Iain

-