List:       linux-rt-users
Subject:    Re: acmesystems Arietta (AT91SAM9G25)
From:       Josh Cartwright <joshc () ni ! com>
Date:       2016-02-29 16:18:26

Hello Jean-Denis-

On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 06:08:47AM -1000, Jean-Denis Girard wrote:
> Le 28/02/2016 22:10, Uwe Kleine-König a écrit :
> > Alexandre Belloni wrote something about rt and at91 that might be worth
> > to look into. I don't know how much of it is obsolete with 4.4.2-rt7,
> > though.
> >
> > http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.rt.user/14728
>
> I have read (and replied to) that article, and even tried to apply some
> of the patches mentioned, but could never get kernel to boot.
>
> As I said, I'm a newbie on Linux RT: is there anything I should check in
> my kernel config? I mean, are there any configuration parameters none to
> be a problem with PREEMPT_RT_FULL, but working fine with PREEMPT__LL?

I think your best bet will be to try to get early console output, with
the hope that you can get visibility into what is going wrong.  I'm sure
there are many tutorials out there on how to build a kernel with this
serial debugging information.  Do a search for DEBUG_LL, earlyprintk,
and perhaps earlycon; these are not -rt specific.

  Josh