List:       linux-rt-users
Subject:    Re: kernel BUG at /build/linux-rt/kernel/locking/rtmutex.c:997!
From:       Rolf Wojtech <rolf.wojtech () fos4x ! de>
Date:       2014-12-18 13:35:38

Juerg Haefliger <juergh <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Dear RT experts,
>
> I have a simple test that runs two iperf clients in parallel with the
> ltp network tests and it triggers a deadlock within a few minutes.
> This is 100% repeatable. I've tried this on different RT kernels and
> determined that prior to the following commit (which went into 3.10
> upstream), the machine doesn't deadlock and seems to run just fine:
>
> fb52f40e085ef4074f1335672cd62c1f832af13b rtmutex: Handle deadlock
> detection smarter

[...]

Hi Juerg,
it seems like we share the same problem.
There is a proposed fix by Paul Gortmaker from October 2014 that I replied
to here: http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.rt.user/12699
We will try to reproduce the problem quicker using your suggestion (2 iperf
clients). Keep us posted if you get a reply from someone with more RT and
mutex experience.