List:       linux-rt
Subject:    [rtl] Message-ID: <3B2AAD58@webmail.mcgill.ca>
From:       dyi <dyi () po-box ! mcgill ! ca>
Date:       2001-03-28 17:28:31

Hi,

It seems to me that if the FIFO handler have a lot of things to do
will result in a segmentation fault of the user program (which
write to the FIFO and result in the running of the rtl FIFO
handler). I used some for loops witin the handler,  the user
program works fine. But If I put some rtl_printf within
those for loops, the user program ends up with a segmentation fault.
When doing some more calculations instead of rtl_printf, the user
program ends up with the same segmentaion fault. My RTL thread
runs at 1khz rate. And my user program runs at 20Hz. Does these
frequencies explain the reason?

As my user program was choked with a segmentatin fault, and left the
file (/dev/rtf12) descripter associated with the FIFO open,
without closing it. When I try to re-run the user program,
the device was busy, ...I
did not know how to solve this problem but deleted the /dev/rtf12 by
a mistake. Is there anybody there able to tell me how could I
recover /dev/rtf12 with crw-r--r-- mode?

Any comments and advices are most appreciated.

Thanks.

Dingrong

To unsubscribe:
http://www.rtlinux.org/rtlinux/