List:       linux-rt
Subject:    RE: [rtl] Timing/response time jitter question
From:       "Estabridis, Janet P" <EstabridisJP () navair ! navy ! mil>
Date:       1999-09-27 13:10:56

I would also suggest trying to find an A/D converter with a FIFO so that you
can cut down on the IRQ's.  You have to send a group of converts over the
e-net anyway.  That way when you enter your IRQ you read a group of converts
and you aren't constantly getting interrupted.

I am doing pretty much the same thing you are describing. Also, we found
that it took about 40 msec to send e-net packets on our machine.  We set up
a real-time timer task to send a packet to see how fast we could go before
we started missing the timer tasks.  So, for our conversion rates we really
can't keep up with sending the converts in real-time, but we will be getting
the data where it needs to go with a delay that is acceptable for our
application.

Janet Estabridis
Electrical Engineer
NAWC Code 473E00D