List:       linux-rt
Subject:    [rtl]memory reserve HOWTO question
From:       leoyong () 263 ! net
Date:       1999-08-31 13:34:19

Dear friends:
    We are using rtlinux version 1.1 on a pentium II machine. Our project is
using rtlinux system to control a parallel robot via a SERCANS servo hardware.
    The rtlinux system should communicate with SERCANS control card through a
Dual Port Ram (DPR). The DPR has its own memory address, We hope this range of
memory space not be used by other application and kernel itself, and at the
same time, the real-time tasks can access this range of the memory space.
    My question is: How can we reserve this range of the memory space from the
system?

Please help us.
Thank you.

Leo