List:       linux-rt
Subject:    [rtl] Re: your mail
From:       Rajan Goyal <rgoyal () cisco ! com>
Date:       1999-06-30 4:35:34

Prakash,

solution depends on the kind of application running in your forever loops.
Are these processes polling for some thing, like events that real time
side of your appl. is generting?
Try to make processes pend instead of polling of events they are waiting
for. If these events are external, you can use interrupts and if events
are internal you can use IPC mechanism to make processes pend.

I am not sure whether it helped, if not, it will be more helpful if you
can be more specific about what these processes are doing in forever loop.

-Rajan

On Wed, 30 Jun 1999, BPL Telecom wrote:

> hi,
>  We have two parts in our software one running in the
> User land and the other in real time. We are using shared
> memory for communication between user land and the real time
>
>  We have forever loops in our User Land part
> we have forked so that the forever loop tasks run as child
> and the parent continues. The parent in turn after forking the
> child gets into a forever loop, the forking of all forever processes
> is done before the parent becomes a forever process.
>
>  The forever loops if used without any sleep or usleep
> system calls the whole application hangs after sometime, but if
>  we use them the application becomes slow but does not hang.
> Is there any solution for this so that we have all the forever
> process and is fast also?.
>
> Prakash

To unsubscribe: