List:       linux-rt
Subject:    [rtl] insmod
From:       bionic () vassalboro ! bu ! edu
Date:       1999-06-24 19:39:44

Hello friends,
	I've upgraded to Linux-2.2.10, running RTL-Beta8. After a couple
cosmetic changes I got the examples working. However, after getting my
old rt_process to compile, I can't insert it.

>> insmod -f rt_process.o
rt_process.o:couldn't find the kernel version the module was compiled for.

I assume there's some version-ID file that didn't get updated, but I can't
find it.  How does insmod check the compiled-for-version, and why doesn't
-f override. (I've used -f to force mismatched module/kernel insertions
before and it seemed to work fine.) Is it possible an error in my code is
causing the problem, is it actually a version mismatch, or does it have
something to do with the compiler? (gcc-2.7.2.3)

Can someone tell me how I can go about investigating? Thanks...

Chuck

To unsubscribe: