List:       linux-rt
Subject:    [rtl] large data transfer question
From:       "daniel p. peters" <Daniel.P.Peters () jpl ! nasa ! gov>
Date:       1999-03-29 16:33:17

Hi,

My application reads 1 line of spectometer data from the parallel port
every 40.8ms. Each line contains about 12kb of data, and a full image is
made up of upto 3200 lines, or about 38mb of data per image. Problem is
that since fifos are limited to 128kb I must transfer  each line as it
comes in which seems excessive. Does anyone have any suggestions? Can
the kmalloc in rtl_fifos be changed to use vmalloc which would alleviate
the problem?

Thanks in advance,

Dan Peters

To unsubscribe: