List:       linux-rt
Subject:    Re: [rtl] General questions
From:       "Vincent Baccini" <ceat.syslog () wanadoo ! fr>
Date:       1999-03-24 9:32:02

Hello,

some times ago I post a mail and have no answer.
As I am still interested in some of the question, I repost them...

- What is exactly a task?
I know that it is not a process, I think it is more than only a C struct...

I read in an old paper by V. Yodaiken that it used to be a thread.
Is it still true?
- How does the allocation is done?
In other words, in which conditions a task cannot be allocated ?

I tried to read the sources, but they are too complicated for me.

I would be also interested by an other point.
Is RT-Linux good to make small embedded software (those who
are embedded in planes for instance).
I don't think Linux is necessary in that kind of software, and it
takes some place...
What do you think of it?

Thanks in advance,
Vincent.