List:       linux-rt
Subject:    Re: Re: [rtl] rtl scheduler latency.
From:       SteenbeckDigital <steenbeckdigital () compuserve ! com>
Date:       1999-01-22 17:33:28

>>someone wrote <<
> I ran the same test on exactly the same hardware (dual boot) running
LynxOS.
> With LynxOS the time between IT Handler and RT_Task (that is a kernel
thread
> for LynxOS) is in the range 10-15 usecs. [20-25 for RTL].
>
> My question is then, is there any possible optimization in the rt_sched
> to get a better response time ?

I transfer data this way
   Video<>PCI<>RAM<>PCI<>SCSI.
The PCI>VIDEO needs low latency because of small FiFos.
So wee took a modern VIA board and told the PCI arbitter
to scatter PCI access. This harmed performance sligthly,
but lead to smaller latency. :-)

Maybe this will also push the CPU in front earlyer ??

Jens Michaelsen
To unsubscribe: