List:       linux-rt
Subject:    [rtl] oblivious newbie needs help making rtl-kernel
From:       "eric keller" <eek105 () psu ! edu>
Date:       1999-01-20 21:07:02

Sorry for the very basic nature of this question, but we are new to rtl and
only unsophisticated users of linux.
Being somewhat oblivious, we downloaded the file rtlinux2_0_36-9J.tgz.

We successfully built the kernel, but when we tried building the modules
nothing happend because we are missing version.h and autoconf.h from the
include/linux directory.

We downloaded the patch and the kernel from sunsite and tried again. Same
problem. In the grand tradition of the lazy and uninformed, we renamed
rtl_version.h to version.h and that error message went away, but we had no
clue as to where to get an autoconf.h.

Executive summary of the question:

is rtl_version.h an ok version.h?
what is autoconf.h and where do we get it?

eric

To unsubscribe: